Person County Partnership for Children was established in 1993 and began programming in 1994 with Smart Start funds from the Division of Child Development. A volunteer board of community members governs the agency. PCPFC provides funding for multiple projects in the community that provide education and support for preschool aged children with a particular emphasis on improving the quality and affordability of childcare, improving parenting skills, and improving preschool and family literacy. A central goal is that all children will enter school healthy and prepared for success.
Our Mission: To create and implement a comprehensive, outcome focused plan to enrich the lives of children and families in Person County, North Carolina through high quality early childhood education, health care, and related services.
Our Vision: The Person County Partnership for Children embraces the philosophy that the guiding spirit of our efforts begins and ends with the involvement of Person County families:
- We believe that well-adjusted families lead children to develop high self-esteem, to become productive citizens, to live well-balanced lives, and to reach their potential.
- We believe that all family members should have the freedom to dwell in a safe environment, free from fear and poverty, and to lead lives of hope.
- We envision all families will have the opportunity to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
- We encourage all parents to become effectively involved in the lives of their children.
- We encourage employers to provide a work environment that allows parents to be involved in the lives of their children.
We, the Person County Partnership for Children, appreciating our diversity, covenant with one another to provide leadership, innovation, support, resources, and hope, to the best of our abilities to Person County families so that all children may experience the dream and reality of a better tomorrow.